Thursday, March 26, 2009

YUCK Factor

So what is your yuck factor and how many do you have? You know what I mean. What makes you say yuck? My wife has lots of yuck factors and this is what started this. The other night I was cooking fish on the grill and I realized that my brush was worn out so I went and I got the wire brush that I use on the bones that I paint. Now you have to understand that some of the bones that I acquire aren't all pearly white when I get them. Some may have various pieces of flesh or dried skin and other things hanging on them. So before I can paint them I have to wire brush them or sometimes use a wood chisel to scrape things off. So while we were eating that delicious marinated Ahi Ahi from Trader Joe's I happened to mention to Sharon that I needed a new grill brush as I had to use my bone brush to clean the grill before I cooked the fish. YUCK ,of course, came out of her mouth. So I got thinking about it and realized that I can't think of any YUCK factors of my own. Sharon yucks blood, vomit, and dirty diapers amongst other things. So what makes you YUCK?

6 comments:

  1. Hmmmmm.... I think that spitting just totally grosses me out. Most other bodily fluids I can deal with- just not spit.

    Oh- and touching birds. I must wash my hands thoroughly after touching a bird.

    I do think your wife has a point though.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I kind of want to know if Sharon finished the fish after she said YUCK. A big YUCK for me is knowing the cats are walking on kitty litter and then on my pillow. But that's just me.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Of course she finished her fish. I always figure the heat of the B-B-Que takes care of things. That marinated fish from Trader Joes is too good not to finish. Even her kids at school like it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. My Yuck coefficient is low...for example, I believe you you always check your Kleenex after you blow your nose in case something important is in there.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yes- always check your kleenex afterwards. You never know where you might have left your keys.

    ReplyDelete
  6. My YUCK is looking at my Dad's backyard full of all the dog s**t!!! YUCKY

    ReplyDelete