Friday, March 20, 2009

What Do You Do?

It is almost the weekend. What do you do on your weekends? My typical weekend starts by driving four hours to our little house in Northern Arizona. When I get up there on Friday night by 9:30 pm I will buy the local paper and sit and catch up on local events till I get sleepy but this is after I grind beans for coffee for the next morning.
Saturday morning we will drink coffee on the porch and watch the birds at the bird feeder. Then it will be off to the swap meet where you can buy most anything except small children. Things like guns & knives, goats, chickens, dogs and what have you. Last weekend I bought a GIRO bicycle helmet for a $1 and a knife and a case for my Gerber tool. I looked at a bunch of guns but I resisted the urge to buy. Then we might go to the county gravel pit to dig petrified wood. Remember I said that I have collections and rocks are one of them. Then we may go shopping as it is more fun to shop up there than it is to shop in Tucson where the traffic is abysmal. Then it's back home to relax with some reading. Sometimes instead of shopping it is off to do a hike or wander in the woods looking at stuff or looking for a new walking stick to carve. Aspen makes wonderful walking sticks.
Sunday morning it's back on the porch for coffee. Sharon will usually do some school work on Sunday so I will either go fishing in our creek in my kayack or else I'll do any chores that may need doing around the house. It is kind of a pain having two properties as you have double the upkeep but our Show Low house, "baby Hughes" is its name, is our way to keep our sanity from living in a sardine can in the desert. Do you name your stuff too. Like cars & blankets etc?
Anyway, if we aren't running up to baby Hughes we are usually off to La Jolla or down to Mexico for scuba diving. That's also why I have to do my chores around the sardine can during the week after work cuz after all weekends are meant for adventures!

3 comments:

  1. Michael! I am now a follower of your blog! Love all the pictures...the bones look so cool!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad to hear from you. Let me know if you want me to send you a bone.

    ReplyDelete